The State Office of Rural Health (SORH) works to improve access to health care in rural and underserved areas and to reduce health status disparities.
Mission, Vision and Values
SORH is within the Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH). Click here to learn about DCH's mission, vision and values.
Career Opportunities with DCH
To visit the DCH Office of Human Resources website and view current employment opportunities, click HERE.
- Empower communities to strengthen and maintain the best possible health care using existing resources.
- Provide up-to-date health systems information and technical assistance.
- Build strong partnerships to meet local and regional needs.
- Provide incentives to local areas to implement integrated service delivery systems.
- Be the single point of contact for all regional issues related to health care.
- Rural Georgians are less healthy than those living in urban areas
- Rural Georgians are more likely to be under-insured or uninsured
- Rural Georgians are more likely to suffer from heart disease, obesity, diabetes and cancer
For more facts, visit the SORH Fact Sheet.
SORH provides funding for institutional framework that links small rural communities with State & Federal resources to help develop long-term solutions to rural health problems.