The Georgia Department of Community Health is one of Georgia’s four health agencies serving the state’s growing population of over 10 million people.
DCH serves as the lead agency for Medicaid and PeachCare for Kids®, and also oversees the State Health Benefit Plan, Healthcare Facility Regulation Division and State Office of Rural Health, impacting one in four Georgians.
Through effective planning, purchasing and oversight, DCH provides access to affordable, quality health care to millions of Georgians, including some of the state’s most vulnerable and underserved populations.
Six enterprise offices support the work of the agency’s three program divisions. DCH employees are based in Atlanta, Cordele and across the state.
Caylee Noggle serves as Commissioner of DCH.
The mission of the DCH is to provide Georgians with access to affordable, quality health care through effective planning, purchasing and oversight.
We are dedicated to A Healthy Georgia.
State of Georgia’s Key Goals for the Department of Community Health
- Healthy Georgia
- Responsible and Efficient Government, Fiscally Sound, Principled, Conservative
Department of Community Health’s Key Goals
- Improve health status of Georgians by promoting healthy lifestyles, preventive care, disease management and disparity elimination.
- Improve access to quality health care at an affordable price.
- Ensure value in health care contracts.
- Move health plans administered by DCH toward being financially solvent to meet the needs of the members.
- Increase effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery of health care programs.
- Ensure DCH has enough workers with the necessary skills and competencies to meet the current and future demand.
Shaping the future of A Healthy Georgia by improving access and ensuring quality to strengthen the communities we serve.
Core Organizational Values
- Accessible and Affordable Health Care
- Program Integrity/Ethics
- Fiscal Responsibility and Efficiency
- Health Promotion and Prevention
- Innovative Technology
- Quality-driven Services
- Respect for Others