The Office of General Counsel provides legal guidance and direction for the Department. Support to the Department includes critical tasks that help promote a myriad of Department initiatives concerning health care and planning, including but not limited to statutory, regulatory and policy implementation.
- Contracts Administration Section: Manages the contracts process for the Department. The Section is responsible for document review, drafting, and negotiations.
- Legal Services Section: Provides legal services for the Medicaid and PeachCare for Kids® programs, including representation of the Department in administrative proceedings, litigation support to the Department of Law, and research, drafting, and review of Medicaid and PeachCare for Kids policies and procedures.
- Open Records Section: Responds to requests for records in the possession of the Department pursuant to the Georgia Open Records Act.
- - Updated 11/09/20
- For assistance with Open Records, please e-mail [email protected]
- Medical-Legal Partnership: A Medical Legal-Partnership in Georgia is defined pursuant to O.C.G.A. Sec. 31-2-4(d)(11). Such partnership may use the Standards and Guidelines along with the Medical-Legal Partnership Application to request the Department’s approval of the Partnership’s program for the determination of eligibility for grants. The Medical-Legal Partnership Recertification is to be used by the Partnership if the Department’s initial approval needs to be updated, e.g. as a result of a change in partners or if the Department’s initial approval becomes dated. Please submit the forms and supporting documentation to the address indicated on the forms.