Each home health agency is reimbursed a specific rate per visit for covered services. Effective for dates of service July 1, 2003, reimbursement rates were reduced by 10%.
Each agency must submit to the Department of Community Health an electronic copy of its as-filed Medicare Cost Report and a completed and signed Medicaid Cost Data Form. The cost data forms are outlined in Appendices C (freestanding) and D (hospital based) of Part II Policies and Procedures for Home Health Services.
A Home Health Agency (HHA) is an agency or organization which:
- Is primarily engaged in providing skilled nursing services and other therapeutic services;
- Has policies established by a group of professionals (associated with the agency or organization), including one or more physicians and one or more registered professional nurses, to govern the services which it provides;
- Provides for supervision of the above-mentioned services by a physician or registered professional nurse;
- Maintains clinical records on all patients;
- Is licensed pursuant to State or local law, or has approval as meeting the standards established for licensing by the State or locality;
- Has in effect an overall plan and budget for institutional planning;
- Meets the federal requirements in the interest of the health and safety of individuals who are furnished services by the HHA; and
- Meets additional requirements as the Secretary finds necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the program.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) Cost Reports
The Medicare Cost Reports for Home Health (Free standing and Hospital-based) providers are located in the Provider Reimbursement Manual.
The Medicaid Home Health Manual Chapter 1000, Appendix C, and Appendix D are located on the Provider Portal. See electronic version of the Cost Data Forms and General Instructions for Completing Appendices C and D below:
Each Georgia home health agency and any other component(s) of the home office organization must provide a summary of cost information by completing the Home Office Cost Data Form below:
For more information, click here:
Financial Analyst Supervisor
Director of Reimbursement