What are the benefits?
PeachCare for Kids® health benefits include:
- 12 months postpartum benefits.
- Care from a doctor when your child is sick.
- Preventive services such as immunizations and regular check-ups.
- Specialist care.
- Dental care.
- Vision care, including vision screenings and eyeglasses.
- Emergency room services.
- Prescription medications.
- Mental health care.
Each child will have a choice of a Georgia Families Care Management Organization (CMO), a private health plan that is responsible for coordinating your child’s health care. You will also be able to choose your child’s primary care provider.
A child must not be an inmate of a public institution or a patient in an institution for mental diseases at the time of initial application or any redetermination of eligibility.
How much does it cost?
PeachCare for Kids® does not charge premiums. PeachCare for Kids® does charge a small co-payment for some medical services.
PeachCare for Kids® will not resume collecting co-payments until October 1, 2024.
A co-payment is a small fee you will have to pay at the time of your visit to a medical provider. The amount of the co-payment will be different depending on the medical services you receive. While these co-payment amounts can range from $0.50 to $12.50, most will be $2 or $3. If you have to make a co-payment, your medical provider will tell you at the time of your visit.
However, there are no co-payments for these services:
- Emergency services
- Preventive Care Services (routine check-ups for your child)
- Routine preventive and diagnostic dental services (such as oral examinations, prophylaxis and topical fluoride applications, sealants, and X-rays).
*Exception: There are no premiums or co-payments charged for children that are under six years old, children in foster care, American Indians and Alaskan Natives (AI/AN).
You are not required to pay more than 5 percent of your yearly income for co-payments. If your family reaches the 5 percent limit, you will not be required to make co-payments for the rest of the year.