Citizenship, Immigration and Identity Requirements

Two young girls smiling and hugging at an arts and crafts table.

Your child must be a U.S. citizen or qualified immigrant to qualify for PeachCare for Kids®. Some of the types of qualified immigrants are legal permanent residents (LPR), asylees or refugees, victims of trafficking or domestic violence, and others. The child must have also been qualified for at least five years unless he/she came into the country before August 22, 1996. This five-year rule does not apply to asylees or refugees and those serving in the military. You must send us a Form I-551 to prove your status. We may be able to verify your child's U.S. citizenship and identity using his/her Social Security Number. A Social Security number is required for each child you want to receive health care.

Please provide all requested information within 14 days.
When proof of citizenship or immigration status is required, please upload your documents or mail photocopies of your documents to:

Please do not send original documents. Please write your family account number on the photocopies of your documents.

Please send in ONE from this list (for each child):

List #1:  Documents to Establish Both U.S. Citizenship and Identity:

  • U.S. Passport - The Department of State issues passports. A U.S. passport does not have to be currently valid to be accepted as evidence of U.S. Citizenship as long as it was originally issued without limitations. - OR -
  • Certification of Naturalization (N-550 or N-570) - Issued by the Department of Homeland Security for naturalization. - OR -
  • Certificate of Citizenship (N-560 or N-561) - Issued by the Department of Homeland Security to individuals who derive citizenship through a parent.

If you send one of these, no other information will be required.

- OR -

If you do not have one of the documents above,
please send in ONE from each list #2 and list #3 below (for each child):

If not sending from list #1 above, please include one item from both list #2 and from list #3 below to complete Citizenship and Identity verification:

List #2:  Other Documents to Establish U.S. Citizenship, if you did not provide a document from list 1 please provide ONE of the following documents:

  • A U.S. public birth record (Birth Certificate) showing birth in: one of the 50 U.S. States, District of Colombia, American Samoa, Swain's Island, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands of the U.S., Northern Mariana Islands, or Guam. - OR -
  • Certification of Report of Birth (DS-1350) - OR -
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America (FS-240) - OR -
  • Certification of Birth Abroad (FS-545) - OR -
  • United States Citizen Identification Card I-197 - OR -
  • American Indian Card (I-872) - OR -
  • Final Adoption Decree - OR -
  • Extract of hospital record on hospital letterhead - OR -
  • Life or Health or other insurance record showing a U.S. place of birth and was created at least 5 years before the initial application date

List #3:  Evidence of Identity, if sending from list 2 above please provide ONE of the following:

  • Identification card issued by federal, state, or local government agencies or entities - OR -
  • School record that shows date and place of birth and parent(s) name (under age 16 only) - OR -
  • Daycare or nursery school record showing date and place of birth - OR -
  • A current state driver's license

Immigration Documents:

List #4:  Documents to establish immigration status, please provide one of the following:

  • Resident Alien Card - OR -
  • Passport - OR -
  • Visa - OR -
  • I-94 - OR -
  • I-551 - OR -
  • Any other document that establishes immigration status