PeachCare for Kids® is available for children age 18 and under (eligible until 19th birthday) in families who meet the following criteria:
|Family Size||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||Over 8|
|Monthly Income Limit||$2,652||$3,586||$4,521||$5,455||$6,390||$7,324||$8,259||$9,193||+ $935|
|Annual Income Limit||$31,814||$43,028||$54,242||$65,455||$76,669||$87,883||$99,097||$110,311||+ $4,540|
- Income amounts are based on 247 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines and are updated annually.
- PeachCare for Kids requires verification of income at application and annual renewal. Eligibility is dependent on the successful completion of this documentation. Go to Income Verification for more information.
- To be eligible for PeachCare for Kids your child(ren) must be a U.S. Citizen or fall within an eligible legal immigrant category. Original documents may be required in order to verify the status of the child/ren for whom you are applying. Parents are not required to verify their own citizenship or immigration status. For more information, go to: Citizenship Verification
- To be eligible for PeachCare for Kids your child(ren) must not have current coverage, or be eligible for Medicaid.
If you are determined ineligible for PeachCare for Kids, you may qualify for other health benefit programs with the State of Georgia or with the Health Insurance Marketplace under the Affordable Care Act. Your information may be forwarded to those programs for review.
- When you apply for medical assistance, children who fall under the Medicaid income limits will be placed on the appropriate type of Medicaid. Children who fall within the PeachCare for Kids income limits will be placed on Peachcare for Kids. No separate application is needed.
- Application processing time can take up to 45 days. Once all documenation is provided, you will receive a notice advising you of what program your child(ren) are eligible for. You wll also be notified if you will need to make a payment, the amount of the payment and the date that your payment is due.