Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) FAQs
For more detailed information regarding payments or the MMIS implementation click on one of the links below:
- - Posted 10/28/10
- What is the Georgia Medicaid Management Information System (GAMMIS)?
- GAMMIS is an enhanced claims processing system for DCH-managed programs, PeachCare for Kids® and Medicaid.
- GAMMIS was constructed with the following priorities:
- Assumption of operations without disruption in services or payments;
- Maintaining and achieving federal MMIS certification;
- Ability to process all requirements of Georgia Medicaid Reform;
- Compliance with all HIPAA requirements;
- Timely design and development of new components affecting providers (Web portal, Web-based claims submission);
- Design and development of components that improve efficiency and convenience for state staff; and
- Design and development of components that improve contractor efficiency.
- What are the benefits of GAMMIS?
- Real-time processing of claims and a weekly financial cycle. Providers can submit their claims and follow up immediately to determine if they will be paid. If there is no problem, the claim will be paid that week.
- Providers can follow up on claims status any time (paid, suspended, and denied) regardless of whether they are paper or electronic. Eligibility verification requests are submitted online. Providers can go directly to GAMMIS to determine eligibility before they provide the service. This reduces fraud and Medicaid costs.
- Numerous Web-based options, including provider enrollment and service authorization, are available.
- Web-based eligibility verification with additional eligibility information. Providers can go to GAMMIS to determine whether a member is eligible for a service. This ensures payment to the provider and saves time.
- Computer-based training is available through GAMMIS. Remittance Voucher access via the Internet. The Remittance Advice (RA) can be accessed online, saving time and money.