To be eligible for Georgia Pathways to Coverage™, you must perform one or more qualifying activities for 80 hours each month. Qualifying activities include:
- Full-time or part-time employment
- On-the-job training
- Job readiness assistance programs
- Community service
- Vocational educational training
- Enrollment in the Vocational Rehabilitation program of the Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency (GVRA)
- Higher Education
Resources to Enroll in Qualifying Activities
If you are not eligible for Pathways because you do not meet the qualifying activities requirement, there are many resources that may help you qualify.
You can meet this requirement by participating in full-time or part-time employment. Organizations that can help include:
- Department of Labor, or your local GDOL Career Center
- WorkSource Georgia
- SSA Ticket to Work program for SS Disability beneficiaries, or 1-866-968-7842
- SNAP Works program (for individuals receiving SNAP benefits), 404-463-1417, or visit your local Division of Family & Children Services office.
You can meet this requirement by participating in on-the-job training with your full-time or part-time employer.
You can meet this requirement by participating in job readiness assistance programs. Organizations that can help include:
- GED Program with the Technical College System of Georgia
You can meet this requirement by participating in community service with a local community organization or non-profit. Call the 2-1-1 community service line for more information.
You can meet this requirement by participating in the Vocational Rehabilitation program of The Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency (GVRA), or 1-844-367-4872, if you cannot work due to a disability.
You can meet this requirement by participating in higher education or vocational educational training. Organizations that can help include:
- The Technical College System of Georgia
- The Georgia Student Finance Commission, or 1-800-505-4732, for information on higher education financial assistance, including HOPE scholarships and grants
You can perform any combination of qualifying activities to reach 80 hours each month. For example, working 60 hours per month while completing 20 hours of community service will meet the qualifying activities requirement for Pathways.
Qualifying Activity Documentation at Application
When applying for Pathways, you may need to provide documentation to verify your qualifying activities. All of these organizations can verify your fulfillment of 80 hours of qualifying activities.