Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) Designations
The Primary Care Office (PCO) assists communities in applying for federal designation for assistance with recruiting of health care providers. Federal designations establish eligibility for federal and state resources such as National Health Service Corps scholarship and loan repayment programs, the Medicare Incentive Payment Program, and Rural Health Care Access Program funding.
- Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) designation types
- Primary Care
- Mental Health
- HPSA categories of designation types
- Geographic - areas eligible for a 10 percent additional incentive payment in Medicare reimbursements for outpatient care
- Population - poverty, low income, Medicaid-eligible, migrant and homeless
- Medically Undeserved Areas/Populations
To find current HPSA status, you may conduct an independent search at
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) (https://data.hrsa.gov/tools/shortage-area/hpsa-find
The PCO is the primary contact for HPSA designation requests and updates.
Please call our office for assistance.
- Primary Care HPSA Map
- Dental HPSA Map
- Mental Health HPSA Map
- Medically Underserved Area/Population Map