The Georgia Department of Community Health's (DCH) Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) is an integration of computer systems that work together to process Medicaid and PeachCare for Kids® claims and other pertinent information related to the management of the Medicaid and PeachCare for Kids programs.
The Georgia Medicaid Management Information System (GAMMIS) began operations on November 1, 2010. Since then, the MMIS team has implemented more than 1,100 Customer Service Requests (CSR), including system enhancements, modifications and maintenance. The MMIS team has also provided project oversight for the initiation and planning phases of several large federally mandated projects, including the conversion to 5010 transaction standards, ICD-10 code sets, and an integrated program eligibility system (for Medicaid, food stamps and more). In addition, DCH is taking further steps to streamline the provider enrollment process with a single application for Medicaid and the various care management organizations.
The Future of GAMMIS
Moving forward, the MMIS team (including DCH and Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Services, HPES) will continue to support these projects for the design, development and implementation (DDI) phase. Project oversight for these additional initiatives will include resource management, project management and subject matter expertise with the following deadlines:
- 5010 – Completed, Successful go-live July 1, 2012
- Provider Enrollment Simplification Feature – January 1, 2013 (tentative)
- ICD-10 – Delayed until no sooner than October 1, 2015
- Implementation of the Medicaid Modified Adjusted Gross Income changes – January 1, 2014
- New Integrated Eligibility System – September 1, 2015
As the largest purchaser of health care in the State of Georgia, DCH recognizes the importance of continuity of payments to our valued health care providers. The MMIS system provides:
- Real-time processing of claims weekly
- On-demand claims status
- Eligibility verification requests
- Web-based service options
- Web-based computer training availability
- Remittance Advice (RA) Voucher access
- Policy Change Updates
HPES will continue to make changes as required in GAMMIS. DCH will notify providers and other trading partners about these changes via GAMMIS portal banner messages, fax and e-mail blasts.