Governor Nathan Deal created the Rural Hospital Stabilization Committee in March 2014 to identify the needs of the rural hospital community and provide potential solutions. The committee will work to increase the flow of communication between hospitals and the state, and improve Georgia’s citizens’ access to health care. Read to learn about the committee members click here.
Pursuant to HB 751, General Appropriations for FY 2017, the Rural Hospital Stabilization Committee has named the 2017 Rural Hospital Stabilization Pilot sites. Habersham Medical Center (Demorest, GA), Upson Regional Medical Center (Thomaston, GA) and Miller County Hospital (Colquitt, GA) have been chosen as the grantees. As plans are developed for the three new sites as well as the ongoing work with the current four pilot hospitals additional information will be made available and presented at future meetings of the Rural Hospital Stabilization Committee.
RHSC Pilot Educational Session for Community Paramedicine & Behavioral Health - January 11, 2016
2016 Rural Hospital Stabilization Committee January 7, 2016
- Agenda - RHSC Commitee Meeting January 7, 2016 - Posted 01/11/16
- Committee and Pilot Progress Report - Posted 01/11/16
- Emanuel Medical Center - Posted 01/11/16
- Appling - Posted 01/11/16
- Union - Posted 01/11/16
- Crisp Regional - Posted 01/11/16
- Audio recording RHSC Commitee Meeting January 7, 2016 - Posted 01/12/16
2015 Rural Hospital Stabilization Committee Final Report
- Rural Hospital Stabilization Committee Press Release - Posted 02/24/15
- Rural Hospital Stabilization Committee Report - Posted 02/24/15
2014 Rural Hospital Stabilization Committee Meeting Dates
Friday, December 5, 2014, 9:10 a.m. to noon, 2 Peachtree Street, 5th Floor Board Room, Atlanta, GA 30303
- Draft Agenda: Rural Health Stabilization Committee -- December 5, 2014 -- Posted 12/05/14
- Presentation: Stratus Healthcare - Rural Hospital Committee -- Posted 12/09/14
Thursday, November 20, 2014 - 9:00AM – Noon, Ty Cobb Regional Medical Center, 367 Clear Creek Parkway, Lavonia, GA 30553-4173
- Draft Agenda: Rural Health Stabilization Committee -- November 20, 2014 -- Updated 11/12/14
- Freestanding Emergency Department - Preliminary Financial Models -- Posted 11/20/14
- Trace Regional Hospital ER Closure Conversion - 11/07/14 -- Posted 11/20/14
- Rural Hospital Economic Impact -- Posted 11/20/14
- Access to Obstetrical Care -- Posted 11/20/14
- Health of Georgia: Data resources and information available from the Department of Public Health -- Posted 11/20/14
Georgia Rural Health Care, a State of Transformation -- Posted 11/20/14
Monday, August 25 - 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., State Office of Rural Health Office, 502 South 7th Street, Cordele, Georgia, 31015
- Agenda: Rural Health Stabilization Committee Meeting -- August 25, 2014
- Freestanding ER Overview -- Posted 08/25/14
- The Georgia Attorney General’s Role in the Hospital Acquisition Act -- Posted 08/25/14
- RHSC Map -- Posted 08/25/14
**Due to technical difficulties, the first half of the Rural Health Stabilization Committee meeting is not available via the recording. All presentations can be found on the Website and the second portion of the meeting can be viewed.
Monday, June 9 - 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Agenda: Rural Hospital Stabilization Committee Meeting - June 9, 2014
- Presentation: Rural Stabilization Committee HFR FSED - June 9, 2014
For additional information, please contact:
Sheryl McCoy, Administrative Assistant
229-401-3090 or Smccoy@dch.ga.gov.
State Office of Rural Health
502 South Seventh Street