The Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH) and its State Health Benefit Plan Division serve as the state’s administrator of health insurance coverage for state employees, teachers, school system employees and retirees who continued coverage (including annuitants and former employees on extended coverage), and covered dependents.
Important New Items for SHBP
2017 SHBP Decision Guide Active Guide - Posted 09/21/16
2017 SHBP Decision GuideRetiree Guide - Posted 09/21/16
Benefit Fair Schedule for Active Members 2016 - Posted 09/19/16
Retiree Educational Sessions Schedule 2016 - Posted 09/19/16
2016 SHBP Open Enrollment (OE) for the 2017 Plan Year will take place October 17-November 4, 2016. View 2016 OE Flyer - Posted 09/16/2016
On Thursday, August 11, 2016 the Board of Community Health approved the member contribution rates for Plan Year 2017.
- Member Contribution Rates Resolution - Posted 08/12/16
- 2017 Active Rates - Commercial - Posted 08/12/16
- 2017 Active Rates - Annuitant Under 65 - Posted 08/12/16
- 2017 Rates AWLP - Posted 08/12/16
- 2017 Rates BOE - Posted 08/12/16
- 2017 Rates Direct Pay Under 65 - Posted 08/12/16
- 2017 Rates Annuitant Non-MA 65+ - Posted 08/12/16
- 2017 Rates Direct Pay Annuitant Non-MA 65+ - Posted 08/12/16
- 2017 Rates Medicare Advantage - Posted 08/12/16
- 2017 Rates Tricare - Posted 08/12/16
- 2017 Rates COBRA - Posted 08/12/16
DCH SHBP Works to Increase Medicare Advantage Choice in 2017
The Department of Community Health (DCH) State Health Benefit Plan (SHBP) released an Invitation for Proposal (IFP) to qualified companies to increase the number of vendors that administer the state’s Medicare Advantage plan.
IFP responses are due on July 5, 2016. To receive access to the full IFP, qualified bidders are required to submit the below executed documents to AON Hewitt at email@example.com.
Required Documents for Qualified Vendors
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
IFP Introductions and IFP Instructions
FAQs - Dependent Verification Audit - Posted 06/29/16
2016 Educational Podcasts
- SHBP Plan Year 2016 Overview
- Telemedicine/Virtual Visits
- Well-being Incentive Credits Rollover
- In-network versus out-of-network providers service details
- 2016 Wellness Activities administered by Healthways
- How to earn well-being incentive credits for the 2016 Plan Year
- The SHBP Medicare Part B process for approaching age 65 and/or retirement
2016 Member Presentation Videos
SHBP Benefit Coordinator Presentations
Flexible Benefits (i.e., for dental, vision, legal services, etc.) are not administered by SHBP. For many state employees, Flexible Benefits are administered through the Department of Administrative Services (DOAS) through its GaBreeze web portal. For more information, visit www.GaBreeze.ga.gov or contact the GaBreeze Call Center at 877-342-7339. For more information about your Flexible Benefits, check with your employer’s HR department.
A Qualifying Event (QE) or life event change is defined as a personal change in status that may allow you to change your benefit elections. Examples of a QE are a change in marital status, number of dependents, employment status or eligibility for health coverage. The QE rules that apply to you will depend on whether you are an active employee, former employee continuing coverage, or a surviving spouse or surviving child. These rules are set forth in your SPD.
For more information and forms regarding Eligibility Appeals please click here.
The Department of Community Health (DCH) and the State Health Benefit Plan (SHBP) are committed to ensuring the privacy of SHBP members’ protected health information (PHI). We follow the information privacy rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA") of 1996. Please refer to the HIPAA Privacy Notice for more information about how your PHI is used and shared.