The Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH) and its State Health Benefit Plan Division serve as the state’s administrator of health insurance coverage for state employees, teachers, school system employees and retirees who continued coverage (including annuitants and former employees on extended coverage), and covered dependents.
Important New Items for SHBP for FY 2015
- 2015 Active Rates - Commercial - Posted 08/19/14
- 2015 Active Rates - Annuitant -- Posted 08/19/14
- 2015 Rates ALWP -- Posted 08/19/14
- 2015 Rates BOE -- Posted 08/19/14
- 2015 Rates Direct Pay Annuitant Non-MA (65+) -- Posted 08/19/14
- 2015 Rates Direct pay Under 65 -- Posted 08/19/14
- 2015 Rates MA -- Posted 08/19/14
- 2015 Rates Tricare -- Posted 08/19/14
- 2015 Rates Exhibit 8_5_2014 -- Posted 08/19/14
- 2015 Rates Annuitant Non-Medicare -- Posted 08/19/14
- 2015 Rates COBRA -- Posted 08/19/14
- Retirees’ FAQ for 2015 State Health Benefit Plan -- Posted 10/09/14
- FAQ: State Health Benefit Plan 2015 Plan Designs and Premiums -- Posted 08/14/14
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage - FY 2015 -- Posted 09/26/14
- SHBP FY 2015 Legal Notices -- Posted 09/29/14
- 2015 Active Educational Session Presentation -- Posted 10/02/14
- 2015 Train the Trainer Schedule -- Posted 10/08/14
- 2015 OE TTT Webinar Schedule -- Updated 10/021/14
- 2015 Bariatric Pilot Program Information -- Posted 10/24/2014
2015 Decision Guides
- 2015 Active Employee Decision Guide -- Posted 09/29/14
- 2015 Retiree Decision Guide -- Posted 09/29/14
2015 Benefit Fair and Educational Sessions for Active Members and Retirees Announced:
- Education Session Schedule for Active and Pre-65 Retiree Members
- Education Session Schedule for Retiree Members
- Benefit Fair Schedule
Member Contribution Rates
Member contribution rates (premiums) can be found on dch.georgia.gov/rates
2015 Educational Videos
- 2015 Bariatric Surgey Pilot and Autism Services Video (This a YouTube video, so you may have difficulty opening and viewing it from a DCH computer.) -- Posted 11/13/14
- 2015 State Health Benefit Plan Active Pre-65 Employee Video (This a YouTube video, so you may have difficulty opening and viewing it from a DCH computer.) -- Posted 10/03/14
- 2015 State Heath Benefit Plan Retiree Video (This a YouTube video, so you may have difficulty opening and viewing it from a DCH computer.) -- Posted 10/03/14
- 2015 Kaiser Permanente Benefits Video (This a YouTube video, so you may have difficulty opening and viewing it from a DCH computer.) -- Posted 10/03/14
- 2015 Blue Cross Blue Shield Benefits Video -- Posted 10/03/14
- 2015 UnitedHealthcare Benefits Video (You may have difficulty opening and viewing this video from a DCH computer.)-- Posted 10/03/14
2015 Educational Podcasts
For the Plan Documents that contain the terms and conditions of coverage, including Summary Plan Descriptions, Summaries of Benefit Coverage, SHBP Regulations, SHBP Policies, Board Resolutions and Legal Notices, visit the link shown here. Information for Plan Year 2013 (January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013) including Decision Guides, Rates and more is posted here under Plan Documents Archive.
Flexible Benefits (i.e., for dental, vision, legal services, etc.) are not administered by SHBP. For many state employees, Flexible Benefits are administered through the Department of Administrative Services (DOAS) through its GaBreeze web portal. For more information, visit www.GaBreeze.ga.gov or contact the GaBreeze Call Center at 877-342-7339. For more information about your Flexible Benefits, check with your employer’s HR department.
members can now manage many aspects of their health care personal information thanks to the SHBP 24/7 Enrollment Portal: www.mySHBPga.adp.com. Convenient, accessible and easy-to-use, www.mySHBPga.adp.com serves as the primary point of enrollment for the Plan’s annual Open Enrollment and Retiree Option Change Period. In addition, new hires will use the website for enrollment. Current members (including Active and Retired Employees) can easily access the site to make eligibility and enrollment changes brought about due to a Qualifying Event.
A Qualifying Event (QE) or life event change is defined as a personal change in status that may allow you to change your benefit elections. Examples of a QE are a change in marital status, number of dependents, employment status or eligibility for health coverage. The QE rules that apply to you will depend on whether you are an active employee, former employee continuing coverage, or a surviving spouse or surviving child. These rules are set forth in your SPD.
The Department of Community Health (DCH) and the State Health Benefit Plan (SHBP) are committed to ensuring the privacy of SHBP members’ protected health information (PHI). We follow the information privacy rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA") of 1996. Please refer to the HIPAA Privacy Notice for more information about how your PHI is used and shared.