Choice Change Period Information for Georgia Families® Members
Beginning July 1, 2017, the Georgia Families® program will provide members a choice of four Care Management Organizations (CMOs): Amerigroup, CareSource, Peach State Health Benefit Plan and WellCare. Georgia Families® serves certain Medicaid and PeachCare for Kids® members, and Planning for Healthy Babies® enrollees. In the past, Georgia Families® Open Enrollment took place on members’ anniversary dates. This year, open enrollment for the new plan year was during the entire month of March, for all Georgia Families ® members. Members who did not choose a CMO were assigned to one of the following:
- Peach State Health Plan
Choice Change Period Begins July 1st!
- From July 1 through September 30, 2017, ALL members have the option to choose a different CMO.
- Members who choose a different CMO will be mailed a new member ID card and CMO packet.
- Members who move to a different CMO will be enrolled in the new CMO on the first day of the next month.
- NOTE: Members can only make one CMO change during the Choice Change Period! Members may choose a different CMO on their next anniversary date.
There are four ways to choose a new CMO during the Choice Change Period:
1. Online: Go to www.georgia-families.com
2. By Phone: Call 1-888-GA-ENROLL (1-888-423-6765).
3. By Fax: Fax the Enrollment Form to 1-866-4U2ENROLL (1-866-482-3676).
4. By Mail: Mail the Enrollment Form to the following address:
P.O. Box 1096
Atlanta, Georgia 30301-9920
Georgia Families® representatives can answer questions and help members choose a new CMO. Call 1-888-GA-ENROLL (1-888-423-6765) toll-free or go to www.georgia-families.com for help. Business hours are 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.