Waiver programs help people who are elderly or have disabilities and need help to live in their home or community instead of an institution such as a nursing home or ICF-MR. Each program offers several "core" services:
- service coordination (help with managing care needs and services)
- personal support (assistance with daily living activities, i.e. bathing, dressing, meals and housekeeping)
- home health services (nursing, home health aide, and occupational, physical and speech therapy)
- emergency response systems
- respite care (caregiver relief)
Additional services are available under each program. The following is a list of waiver programs in Georgia.
- Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE)
- Independent Care Waiver Program (ICWP) - Updated 02/06/14
- Community Care Services Program (CCSP) - Update 01/17/14
- New Options Waiver Program (NOW) and Comprehensive Supports Waiver Program (COMP) - Updated 02/06/14
- The Georgia Pediatric Program (GAPP) provides services to medically fragile children with multiple system diagnoses. Services are provided in their homes and communities and in a 'medical' daycare setting as an alternative to placing children in a nursing care facility.