MFP Overview: Training for Qualified Vendors and Service Providers (QVSP)
Description: Vendors and service providers providing services to MFP participants must complete this training presentation. This training presents a brief 15 minute overview of the MFP Project, project goals, outcomes and performance benchmarks, MFP transition services and the transition planning process. Vendors and service providers must review the presentation as soon as possible before initial contact with the MFP participant. The Overview/QVSP presentation must be reviewed within 30 days of initial contact with a MFP participant. This training is required for Peer Community Supporters, PSS direct service workers doing Trial Visit PSS, Life Skills Coaches, Caregivers involved in Caregiver Outreach and Education and Home Care Ombudsman. Follow the link below to review a brief PowerPoint presentation and then complete, sign and return the presentation evaluation form to R.L. Grubbs at email@example.com or fax to 770-357-8857.
Trainers/Facilitators: R.L. Grubbs (Specialist)
Training Material: Money Follows the Person Overview - Updated 08/06/12
MFP Overview Presentation Evaluation Form - Posted 07/09/13
Title: MFP Process Orientation CORE Training: Deskaids and Workworks Employment Manual
Description: Deskaids are quick reference guides or ‘memory joggers.’ A set of five deskaids was prepared for use by MFP field personnel to assist with recall of MFP transition processes and resources. New tools have been developed to guide field personnel in Person Centered Career Planning focused on vocational goals of participants.
Training Objectives: After this training, you will be able to -
- use deskaids to advise MFP participants regarding waiver options and application processes, inform participants about services and assist participants with housing searches;
- identify the your role in Person-Centered Career Planning;
- identify three community employment options and two employment service providers;
- identify qualified vendors and make referrals for the MFP Supported Employment Evaluation (SEE) service; and
- use the “Employment” deskaid to facilitate a discussion about vocational goals and work incentives.
Materials: You will need the Set of 5 DESKAIDs and a copy of the Workworks for Everyone Manual. Contact your manager/supervisor for these materials.
- Download the presentation handout PDF
- Click the link to play the recording of the training: https://dchmeetings.webex.com/dchmeetings/ldr.php?AT=pb&SP=MC&rID=27374447&rKey=ac69485b314a758b
- After reviewing the training, complete the Training Evaluation Form and fax to R.L. Grubbs at 770-357-8857.
If you need assistance, you can contact R.L. Grubbs at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 404-657-9323.
Trainers/Facilitators: Vaughns, Johnson, Grubbs, Underwood, Wright, Greathouse and Crandell
Training Material: MFP Training Evaluation Form: DESKAIDs & Workworks Manual - Posted 12/12/13
MFP Process Orientation Core Training: DESKAIDs & Workworks Employment Manual - Posted 12/12/13