Currently, the State Health Benefit Plan administers three key initiatives: Wellness, Childhood Obesity and Open Enrollment.
The SHBP Wellness Initiative began during Plan Year 2012. Some quick highlights are shown below and please visit the Wellness page for more information. Complete terms and conditions for wellness requirements and wellness-related incentives are included in your Summary Plan Description.
- SHBP Wellness– One of the largest wellness programs in the nation!
- SHBP Health Education Online Learning Center (www.AHealthierSHBP.com) – This healthy learning portal opened January 1, 2013 for all SHBP Standard and Wellness Plan Option members and spouses (if covered).
- 2013 Wellness Promise & Wellness Requirements – For new or returning SHBP Wellness Plan Option members. Learn more.
- 2014 Incentive Fund Contribution Requirements – Available to all SHBP Standard and Wellness Plan Option members. Learn more.
In support of the State of Georgia’s strategic goal to reduce childhood obesity, the State Health Benefit Plan (SHBP) is now offering additional health benefits to children for the treatment of childhood obesity. Complete information about childhood obesity benefits is set forth in your Summary Plan Description.
Open Enrollment and Retiree Option Change Period
Open Enrollment (OE) is the annual period, typically in the fall, when active employees can enroll, drop or make changes in their health insurance. The Retiree Option Change Period (ROCP) occurs at the same time.
- Open Enrollment/Retiree Option Change Period 2013 – Closed November 9, 2012.
- Check back later this summer/fall for information about Open Enrollment/Retiree Option Change Period 2014.