The following resources provide information about the Privacy Rule, as well as about other provisions of HIPAA.
Relevant Web sites
- Department of Health and Human Services - Office for Civil Rights - Responsible for enforcing compliance with the Privacy Rule.
- Department of Health and Human Services - Administrative Simplification - Contains other information on the administrative simplification requirements of HIPAA.
- American Health Information Management Association
- Department of Health and Human Services - Model compliance extension form, frequently asked questions, links to other HIPAA sites, and information on regulations and the law are located here.
- FREE Video - CMS' "Meeting the HIPAA Challenge: Implementing the Administrative Simplifications of HIPAA." For a free video, e-mail your request to AskHipaa@cms.hhs.gov or call (410) 786-4232.
- FREE Listserve - http://aspe.hhs.gov/admnsimp/lsnotify.htm - Sign up to receive notification when proposed or final rules on HIPAA have been published in the Federal Register. The Federal Register is the place where the government, upon passing a law, tells the public how the law will be implemented.
- CMS E-Mail box - email@example.com. Send your questions on HIPAA administrative simplification here. Privacy-related questions should be directed to OCRPrivacy@hhs.gov or call (toll-free) (866) 627-7748.
- CMS HIPAA Hotline - Call (410) 786-4232 or (toll-free) (866) 282-0659 to get answers to your HIPAA administrative simplification questions.
- News for All Fee-For-Service (FFS) Medicare Providers