Welcome to the Planning for Healthy Babies® program, Georgia's family planning demonstration waiver created by the Georgia Department of Community Health DCH). This program was developed to assist the Department in reducing the number of low birth weight (LBW) and very low birth weight (VLBW) births in
If you or somebody you know is interested in participating in Planning for Healthy Babies, visit www.P4HB.org.
New Information - DCH Announces Application for the Extension of P4HB®
DCH is applying for an extension for P4HB®. The Application for Extension of P4HB is posted here for reading and consideration, and DCH will be holding a Public Comment session at a time to be announced shortly.
- Presentation to the Georgia Family Planning Centers -- Posted 10/23/14
- Abbreviated Public Notice - Planning for Healthy Babies Final - Posted 08/01/14
- Public Notice for Planning for Healthy Babies Final - Posted 08/01/14
Did you know Georgia ranks 38th in the nation in the number of LBW births? The P4HB® program is one of the strategies included under DCH's Improving Low Birth Weight Rate Initiative, which seeks to substantially reduce Georgia's LBW rate over the next five years. The P4HB program will fill a critical gap in health care for underinsured and uninsured Georgians by expanding Medicaid eligibility to women who qualify for family planning services. In addition to family planning services, women who give birth to a VLBW baby will have access to additional services including primary care and care management.
- P4HB Application (English)
- P4HB Application (Spanish)
- Physicians Statement
- Physicians Statement Resource Mother
- Post Card
- FACT Sheet – Planning for Healthy Babies – November 2013 – Posted 02/17/14
- P4HB CMOs Handbooks
Additional P4HB Resources
The following links provide additional information about the P4HB program.
- Program Overview
- P4HB Application
- Frequently Asked Questions
- CMOs: Amerigroup, Peach State, Wellcare
- Georgia Medicaid
Maternal and Child Health Resources
National Resources for Mothers and Infants