What is the Planning for Healthy Babies® program?
P4HB® provides no cost family planning services to eligible women in Georgia. You can enroll in either:
- Family planning
- Inter-pregnancy care (IPC)
- Resource Mother
- Annual physical exams including pap smears
- Contraceptives and multivitamins with folic acid
- Family planning counseling
- IPC services including primary care and dental services, substance abuse treatment services, Resource Mother services and more
Who is eligible?
- Women ages 18 through 44 who meet monthly family income limits
- Women who do not receive Medicaid are eligible for family planning services
- Women who have given birth to a baby weighing less than 3 pounds, 5 ounces and do not receive Medicaid or are losing Medicaid coverage, are eligible for IPC services
- Women who receive Medicaid and have given birth to a baby weighing less than 3 pounds, 5 ounces are only eligible for Resource Mother services
How do I apply?
- We will be transitioning to our new eligibility system called the Georgia Gateway on February 6, 2017. Applicants can apply by printing out the application and faxing or mailing in the information.
- Applications and required documents should be faxed to 912-632-0389 or mailed to:
Applications may be picked up at your local:
Where do I download the form I am supposed to have my physician fill out if I answered yes to the question on having delivered a baby weighing less than 1500 grams (3.3lbs)?
Download IPC form here (to be completed by your physician)
How do I find a provider?
Once a CMO is selected, you will be assigned to the CMOs affiliated provider network to receive the family planning and inter-pregnancy care services.
Women enrolled in the inter-pregnancy care component of the waiver program will have access to primary care, family planning, limited dental services, resource mothers (case managers), prescription drugs (non-family planning) and substance abuse services.
Women enrolled in family planning services will only have access to family planning providers. Primary care needs will be provided through referrals to federally qualified health centers, community health centers, rural health centers and the Department of Public Health.
How can I find out more information about the P4HB program?
- For additional information on Family Planning Waiver services, please contact your local Department of Public Health or Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS) offices.
Where do a download a form if I am applying for the Resource Mother Services that my physician will need to complete?
- Download RM form here (to be completed by your physician or the babies physician)
Where do I find additional information on the Planning for Healthy Babies aid categories and eligibility criteria?
If I have received a request to send in my original citizenship and identity documents to P4HB but would prefer to have someone verify them and send in the verified copies where can I go?
P4HB applicants and members can contact one of the approved organizations listed below to validate original documents for citizenship and/or identity. The approved organization can send in the validated documents instead of the applicant or member mailing in the originals.
- An out stationed Right from the Start Medicaid (RSM) or Division of Families and Children Services (DFCS) employee from a DFCS office
- The Department of Public Health
- A Georgia Cares employee (please call 1-800-669-8387)
- Employees of CHIPRA grantee organizations (ex: Latin American Association, West End Medical Center in Atlanta)
Where can I download P4HB CMO Handbooks?