What is the Planning for Healthy Babies® program?
P4HB® provides no cost family planning services to eligible women in Georgia. You can enroll in either:
- Family planning
- Inter-pregnancy care (IPC)
- Resource Mother
- Annual physical exams including pap smears
- Contraceptives and multivitamins with folic acid
- Family planning counseling
- IPC services including primary care and dental services, substance abuse treatment services, Resource Mother services and more
Who is eligible?
- Women ages 18 through 44 who meet monthly family income limits
- Women who do not receive Medicaid are eligible for family planning services
- Women who have given birth to a baby weighing less than 3 pounds, 5 ounces and do not receive Medicaid or are losing Medicaid coverage, are eligible for IPC services
- Women who receive Medicaid and have given birth to a baby weighing less than 3 pounds, 5 ounces are only eligible for Resource Mother services
How do I apply?
You can apply online at planning4healthybabies.org.
If you are unable to apply online, applications may be picked up at your local:
- Public health department
- Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS) office
Completed applications and required documents should be faxed to 1-888-744-2102 or mailed to:
Planning for Healthy Babies
Post Office 1810
Atlanta, Georgia 30301-1810
For more information, please call 1-877-P4H-B101 or 1-877-744-2101.
Where can I go for more information?
For more information, visit dch.georgia.gov/planning-healthy-babies or call 877-P4H-B101 or 877-744-2101.