The Department of Community Health’s Office of Information Technology (OIT) provides technology, systems, and data management services in support of the DCH enterprise. OIT is comprised of the following business units and service areas:
- Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) – The MMIS unit supports the various systems used for processing, collecting, analyzing and reporting needed for all Medicaid and PeachCare for Kids® claims payment functions. For the 2013 Fiscal Year, the MMIS processed more than 25 million claims worth nearly $9 billion from Georgia’s health care providers. The MMIS team also manages the initiation, planning, implementation, testing and go-live phases of federally mandated projects and initiatives such as MMIS system modifications for code set conversion of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-9) to version 10 (ICD-10) and participating in the design, development and implementation of the new Georgia Integrated Eligibility System, Georgia Gateway.
- Medicaid Information Technology Architecture Project Management Office – The MITA PMO is responsible for the implementation and management of DCH’s MITA initiative. The MITA initiative is intended to create a framework for state Medicaid programs to improve business operations, information collection and exchange, and technology services that are consistent with the CMS Seven Standards and Conditions. The MITA PMO oversees the development and management of MITA projects throughout the agency and facilitates MITA advancement for DCH.
- Information Technology Support – Supports end-user computing for the entire agency including a wide range of hardware and software related issues on staff computers and other devices and technologies. This unit also addresses network connectivity problems to help keep DCH employees connected and works directly with business partners in providing technology and mobile communications support to DCH staff.
- Office of Information Security - Oversees DCH systems to ensure compliance with all data and data transmission security standards. This includes applying and auditing all security requirements of the Federal and State governments including HIPAA compliance. The unit is also currently managing the security requirements associated with the new integrated eligibility system, Georgia Gateway along with other important enterprise systems.
- Office of Health Information and Analytics (OHIA) - Responsible for managing the DCH Decision Support System (DSS) and for providing the reporting needs of the agency including Medicaid and State Health Benefit Plan claims experience analytics. OHIA also assists with Open Record Requests and provides analytical support to the entire department. Currently this team is working through the RFP process to re-procure a new Data Warehouse with powerful reporting capabilities and increased data sources.
- Technology Solutions, Data Management and Application Development Services - Responsible for developing effective and cost efficient technical solutions which bring automation to DCH business processes, identifying and testing software applications and systems for DCH, providing applications and technology which support DCH’s mission, and providing assistance and support in the management of DCH data. Includes custom built applications such as GaMap2Care®, DCH’s enterprise document management and work flow system, along with custom application and database support. Team members also provide development and design expertise and data administration for the MITA initiative and associated projects.