Eligible Professionals under the Medicaid EHR Incentives Program include:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Certified Nurse-Midwives
- Physician assistants who furnish services in a Federally Qualified Health Center or Rural Health Clinic that is led by a physician assistant.
To qualify for an incentive payment under the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program, an Eligible Professional must meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a minimum 30% Medicaid patient volume*
- Have a minimum 20% Medicaid patient volume, and is a pediatrician*
- Practice predominantly in a Federally Qualified Health Center or Rural Health Center and have a minimum 30% patient volume attributable to needy individuals
* Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) patients do not count toward the Medicaid patient volume criteria.
Eligible Medicaid Professionals may receive up to a maximum of $63,750 during their six years of program participation. The total incentive for pediatricians who meet the 20% patient volume but fall short of the 30% patient volume is up to a maximum of $42,500 over their six years of participation.
To assist Eligible Professionals in calculating Medicaid patient volumes, a patient volume calculator has been posted on the Georgia Medicaid EHR Incentives Program website under the Toolkit for Eligible Professionals. The use of the calculator will help expedite the patient volume calculation step when you register with Georgia for the incentive payment.