The Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) has awarded Cogent Systems the contract to provide electronic fingerprint submission services for applicants in the State of
GAPS provides fixed office locations throughout the state so that
Electronic submission of fingerprint images will involve the use of a Cogent Livescan machine. The Livescan is, essentially, a sophisticated scanner and personal computer that captures fingerprint images and demographic data and submits this information to GBI. GBI conducts a search of its criminal history records using the fingerprint images. In some cases, these images are also forwarded to the FBI where a Federal Criminal History Record search is also conducted. Notifications of the search results are then forwarded from the GBI/FBI to Cogent Systems were these results are then electronically disseminated to DCH.
NOTE: Effective October 1, 2009, any PCH, PHCP, or CLA applicant registering with GAPS who uses the DHS (formerly DHR) ORI number will require them to re-register, pay the fees, and be re-fingerprinted. The DHS is not authorized to receive fingerprint results for applicants for PCH, PHCP, and CLAs. Applicants are to use DCH’s ORI number which is GA922960Z.
For questions please contact Chris Bennett at (404) 656-0464.
- FAQ for Fingerprinting - Request to Become an Agency - Posted 07/23/15
- FAQ for Fingerprinting - How to Register Applicants - Posted 07/23/15
- DCH Fingerprinting Process for Mandatory Programs Using COGENT/GAPS Instructions -- Posted 05/29/15
- FBI Privacy Act Notice
- Find Frequently Asked Questions about Finger Print Process, Covered Crimes (owners, directors or employees) and the Hearing Process may be found here.
- Hearing Process FAQs
- Employees of Personal Care Homes FAQs - 6/20/2010
- Abbreviations, Terms and Dispositions on Criminal History Records - 3/2/2010