Employees and Retirees
To assist MEMBERS to get the answers and action you need, do you…
- Have questions about your current benefits or claims?
- Active employee members and retirees/former employees continuing coverage should call the number on the back of your member identification card issued by your health plan. Lost your ID card? Go online to your health plan vendor’s website.
- Have questions about eligibility changes?
- If you are an active employee member and have questions about eligibility changes, contact your employer’s Human Resources (HR) Benefit Coordinator.
- If you are a retiree/former employee continuing coverage member and have questions about eligibility, contact the SHBP Call Center at 1-800-610-1863. Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., ET, Monday through Friday.
Employers - HR Benefit Coordinators
To assist EMPLOYERS – HR BENEFIT COORDINATORS to get the answers and action you need, do you…
- Have questions about your bill, eligibility, coverage or training?
- Call the SHBP Call Center at 1-800-610-1863 and when prompted, select “Employer Services.” Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., ET, Monday through Friday.
Georgia Department of Community Health
State Health Benefit Plan
2 Peachtree Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
Post Office Box 1990, Atlanta, Georgia 30301-1990
Toll-Free: 800-610-1863 ● Secure Fax: 866-828-4796
SHBP Call Center 800-610-1863 ● 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., ET, Monday through Friday
2014 Health Plan Vendors
For questions regarding 2014 Benefits, please contact the respective health plan vendor shown below:
Medical and Medicare Advantage (MA) – Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET; Monday - Friday
Non-Medicare Advantage (MA) Inquiries: 1-855-641-4862
Medicare Advantage (MA) Inquiries: 1-855-322-7060
Wellness – Healthways
8:00 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET; Monday - Friday
*Customer Service Center not available until 12/16/13
Non-Medicare Advantage (MA) Inquiries: 1-888-616-6411*
*Customer Service Center not available until 12/16/2013
Pharmacy – Express Scripts
Hours: 24 Hours a day/7 days a week
Non-Medicare Advantage (MA) Inquiries: 1-877-841-5227
SHBP Call Center
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET; Monday - Friday
SHBP Call Center Hours Extended During Open Enrollment/Retiree Option Change Period
Effective Immediately: The Department of Community Health, State Health Benefit Plan is pleased to announce the extension of hours for the SHBP Call Center to better assist our members during Open Enrollment and Retiree Option Change Period. The extended SHBP Call Center hours are from 8:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. ET, Monday – Friday, through November 7, 2013. Regular SHBP Call Center hours (8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. ET, Monday - Friday) resume on November 8, 2013.
|Additional Information||Member Services||Website|
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS)
24 hours a day/7 days a week
|PeachCare for Kids®||1-877-427-3224||www.peachcare.org|
2013 Plan Vendors
|Cigna - www.cigna.com/shbp|
|HMO, HDHP, HRA||800-633-8519 • TDD 800-576-1314|
|Humana - www.humana.com/stateofga||800-942-6724|
|UnitedHealthcare - www.myuhc.com|
|HRA||800-396-6515 • TDD 800-255-0056|
|Retire Helpline - www.uhcretiree.com/shbp||877-246-4190|