Employers that offer the State Health Benefit Plan to their employees rely on their HR Benefit Coordinators and Payroll Location personnel to handle most SHBP member eligibility and billing questions.
The communications materials shown below are designed to assist those personnel.
- Explanation of Benefits Changes (WebEx video) - Posted 10/15/12
- Train the Trainer - 2013 State Health Benefit Plan - Posted 09/10/12
- Train the Trainer 2013, Alternate format (PDF with speaker notes) - Posted 09/11/12
- UHC Lose and Win Facilitator Training - Posted 11/28/12
- ViewDirect Quick Reference Guide - Posted 01/17/13
- Direct Bill Web Portal Payroll Location User Guide - July 2012
- Employers Administrative Guide 2013 - Updated 03/21/13
- Active employees/Early Retirees (Video) - Posted 09/11/12
- Active employees/Early Retirees (PowerPoint) - Posted 10/04/12
- SHBP Retirees with Medicare (Video) - Posted 09/11/12
- SHBP Retirees with Medicare (PowerPoint) - Posted 10/05/12
The 2013 Rates do not include the Tobacco Surcharge. If you are assessed the Tobacco Surcharge, an additional $80 per month will be added to the cost of the coverage. Premiums are established by Board resolution. For 2013 rates, see Plan Documents.
- Why Premiums Are Increasing for Non-MA Plans - Posted 10/05/12
- Active Members Rates (multiple files) - Updated 10/05/12
- Annuitants (multiple files) - Posted 09/25/12
Tobacco Surcharge Policy
The 2013 Rates do not include the Tobacco Surcharge. If you are assessed the Tobacco Surcharge, an additional $80 per month will be added to the cost of the coverage. For complete information about Tobacco Surcharges, see Plan Documents.