Aging and Special Population Services (formerly Long Term Care Services)
- Medicaid & Medicare
- Waiver programs help people who are elderly or have disabilities and need help to live in their home or community instead of an institution such as a nursing home or ICF-MR. Learn more about Waviers.
- Money Follows the Person
- Money Follows the Person (MFP) can assist with home- and community-based services. Learn more about MFP.
- TEFRA/ Katie Beckett
- The Katie Beckett Medicaid Program permits the state to ignore family income for certain disabled children. Learn More about Katie Beckett.
- Georgia Medicaid for Workers with Disabilities (GMWD)
- Georgia Medicaid for Workers with Disabilities (GMWD) gives people with disabilities who are working or interested in returning to the workforce the opportunity to buy health care through Georgia Medicaid. GMWD offers Medicaid coverage to working age people who have a permanent but stable disability and who have a desire to work.
- Planning for Healthy Babies®
- This program was developed to assist the Department in reducing the number of low birth weight (LBW) and very low birth weight (VLBW) births in Georgia. Learn More about Planning for Healthy Babies.
- Georgia Long Term Care Partnership
- The Long-Term Care Partnership Program (Partnership) provides an alternative to spending down or transferring assets by forming a partnership between Medicaid and private long-term care insurers. Learn more about Georgia Long Term Care Partnership.